Rutgers University Admissions Officer in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and having celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world. Rutgers University–New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource—the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Admissions Officer for Enrollment Management in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Reporting to the associate director of marketing and communications, the incumbent in this position assists with the development and implementation of an integrated communications/marketing plan which incorporates the communication needs of a variety of internal and external audiences, focusing primarily on first-year students.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
- Identifies new technologies and content delivery options, including the website, emails, and enewsletters.
- Works closely with communications specialists at select Rutgers–New Brunswick schools and organizations to develop and edit marketing materials, such as emails, flyers and newsletters.
- Provides editorial and marketing assistance to admissions counselors and deans’ staff.
- Maintains and updates content across a range of external websites and partners, such as search portals, to ensure that Rutgers–New Brunswick is accurately represented and to increase applicant leads.
- Makes recommendations for content and template enhancements to improve our email program using performance metrics.
- Engages in recruitment activities, including representing the university at high schools and college fairs; conducting group information presentations on and off campus; and reviewing and making decisions on freshman and transfer applications for admission to our undergraduate schools.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Two years of experience in an admissions or marketing capacity
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Finely-honed writing ability
- Highly motivated and imaginative, with the ability to handle considerable and varied responsibilities
- Outstanding organization, writing and presentation/speaking skills
- Ability to work well individually as well as on a team and represent the university enthusiastically
- Must understand the communication needs of a variety of external constituencies.
- Deep understanding of e-mail metrics with the ability to make recommendations for future enhancements based on data and performance
- Must have experience in identifying email deliverability issues and proposing solutions.
- Experience in e-mail segmentation and automated-series campaigns
- Great customer service, transparency and collaboration throughout all endeavors
- Knowledge in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other ESP
- Knowledge of HTML
- Deep understanding of e-mail performance metrics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word and relational databases (e.g. Access)
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Basic knowledge in Google Analytics
- Email marketing skills, specifically for Gen Z and student audiences
- Awareness of Gen Z email preferences
Recruitment/Posting Title: Admissions Officer
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations/Communications
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 52557.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 65441.500
Annual Maximum Salary: 78326.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: URA-AFT Administrative
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Posting Number: 18ST1124
Posting Open Date: 04/17/2018
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Busch (RU-New Brunswick)