Macy's Analyst, Reverse Logistics in New York, New York
* Job Overview: * * * The Reverse Logistics Analyst works on a team that is responsible for coordinating Outbound Logistic activities and serves as a liaison between Stores, Distribution Centers, and Merchandising Information Office (MIO). Analyst will partner with Regional Logistic Directors to help facilitate Outbound Logistic processes including Return-to-Vendor (RTV), Job Out, Mark Out-of-Stock (MOS), Damages, Store-to-Store Transfers and Non-Congruent Transfers. Analyst primarily creates and distributes management reporting, performs ad-hoc data analysis, and acts as subject matter expert to communicate best practice/training documents to help support store operators and associates with successful Outbound Logistic. Analysts are expected have strong analytic skills in order to be able to identify and improve upon existing inefficiencies and problems. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Assists with planning and facilitating weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual Outbound Logistic activities for total company by following up with key business partners to ensure all deliverables are achieved on a timely basis
• Works closely with several key business partners and stakeholders to coordinate reverse logistic • Builds and distributes accurate management reporting through Excel or similar applications to assist field management with ensuring Store Compliance on Outbound Logistic processes • Acts as SME in writing comprehensive store communication documents that include such information as purpose, timing, packing/shipping instructions, key contacts and other critical instructions and best practice/training documents that assist stores in effectively executing Reverse Logistic activity both timely and accurately • Uses problem solving skills and performs ad-hoc data analysis to resolve issues in a timely-manner related to store workload, compliance, processing and/or shipping • Leverages multiple Systems and Applications to extract data including Portal, Pipeline, Mainframe, SPManager, MyShip, Fed Flo, and Fed CRC • Strong communications skills to be able to communicate to a wide audience • Strong analytical skills with an eye for process improvements • Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience required. • 1-2 years retail, stores, or logistics experience strongly preferred.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels of associates including VP-level executives.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, identify efficiencies, and own projects.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. • May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. • Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other Skills: *
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work to ensure all deadlines are adhered to. • Able to make sound decisions and considers customer-first before making decisions.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. • Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. • May require some travel.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job: Operations and Logistics
Req ID: MAC09280