The Situs Companies Loan Closer / Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate Debt Fund in New York, New York
Loan Closer / Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate Debt Fund
We are seeking Loan Closer / Paralegal to be fully dedicated to our client, a New York City-based real estate high yield debt fund with assets under management in the several $Billions, that focuses on opportunistic turnaround deals across asset classes and across the country.
In this role, you will sit on-site at our client in a full time capacity and work among their team. You will be responsible for the full range of responsibilities that goes with commercial real estate deal closings for senior mortgages, mezzanine loans, preferred equity and some equity. You will be involved from term sheet through the closing of the loans.
• Draft initial quotes and loan applications
• Interface with outside counsel
• Interact with borrowers and brokers to ensure timely delivery of due diligence
• Review legal due diligence
• Coordinate with loan underwriters re: non-legal due diligence
• Interact with the loan originators to ensure deal closing progresses smoothly
• Review loan documents
• Address borrower inquiries, and have proper judgment/experience to know when issues should be elevated
• Ensure that loan documentation reflects the approved conditions and structures
• Work with internal business teams to ensure transaction process follows compliance guidelines
• Preparation of closing statements, including income and expense proration schedules
• 3+ years of commercial real estate closing experience
• Ability to read and understand commercial real estate loan documentation, securitization documents, including pooling and servicing agreements and related documentation
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment which requires a flexible and adaptable style
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and accuracy skills
• Be a self-starter, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be proficient in Word and Excel.
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.
Job Location: New York, New York, United States
Date published: 1-Mar-2018