Pep Boys Commercial Account Manager in Princeton, New Jersey
Overview Auto Plus SM is a U.S.-based leading automotive aftermarket company with over 3,500 employees in over 270 locations throughout the country. On February 4, 2016, Icahn Enterprises L.P. acquired The Pep Boys -- Manny, Moe & Jack with the intent to combine the operations of Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been a leading automotive aftermarket chain. With over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys offers name-brand tires; automotive maintenance and repair; parts and expert advice for the Do-It Yourselfer; commercial auto parts delivery; and fleet maintenance and repair. Combined, Auto Plus and Pep Boys (the "Company") have approximately 23,000 employees in over 1,000 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and $3 billion in annual sales.
Position Summary Responsible for creating customer value through establishing long-term customer relationships that lead to increased overall sales and profitability for the company.
This position supports 4 stores in the Princeton, NJ area.
Duties & Responsibilities__
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and annual sales and service goals. Develop plans, with management, to achieve these goals and objectives. Develop new customers to meet sales goals.
- Make regular, planned sales calls to all customers and utilize the assistance of factor representatives to make field calls in order to leverage the company's sales and/or service efforts.
- Maintain knowledge of the company's selling system principles. Ensure all paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships. Serve customer needs at all times in a way that ends in a satisfied customer and a sale for the company.
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivable for accounts that require a weekly change and/or are delinquent according to company credit terms.
- Develop new ideas that will help improve company image, sales and operations.
- Communicate to store and divisional general manager's information observed and gathered in the field regarding customer service and support level, new or existing customers, competitors and wholesale marketing programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma required.
- Associate's degree required in business administration, management, marketing or similar.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business administration, marketing, operations or similar.
- 2 years automotive parts sales experience.
- Strong sales experience.
- Comfortable utilizing up-selling techniques.
- Experience cold calling customers.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license that meets the criteria under company policy.
Physical Demands/Work Environment The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, typing or writing.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent travel.
- Talk and hear.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Potential Schedule: Days
Type of Store: Field Operations
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00192
Location Name: PBY NJ West Windsor-00192